Giveaway for The Venturer’s Guide to Innovation – 20 April 2022
The following terms and conditions (“T&C”) regulate the conditions for participation in the social media competition (“The Venturer’s Guide to Innovation”) and provide the relevant information on the protection of personal data within that context. The competition is conducted via an online form promoted on Linkedin, Facebook & Instagram and is organised by TheVentury GmbH, Praterstraße 1/38, 1020 Vienna, Austria (“TheVentury” or “we”). By participating in the Competition, the user confirms to have read and accepts these T&C.
(1) Participation in the Competition is free of charge and independent of any purchase of goods or services.
(2) Only natural persons over the age of eighteen (18) who possess full legal capacity are entitled to participate.
(3) All such persons filling the provided form within the specified period of time shall be considered participants of the giveaway/competition.
(4) Employees and other staff members of TheVentury, its subsidiaries, and associate companies as well as third companies being involved in the organization and execution of this Competition, shall not be eligible to participate. The same shall apply to all persons being related to or living in cohabitation or shared accommodation with the persons mentioned above.
(5) Repeatedly submitted entries by filling the form several times will not be considered.
(6) TheVentury reserves the right to exclude participants acting contrary to the rules as stipulated in these T&C from the Competition. This applies in particular to participants making false statements or using unauthorized aids or otherwise gaining advantages through manipulation. In such cases, if necessary, a prize can be consequently denied or reclaimed. The participant has no legal claim to participate in the Competition.
(1) All participants have the chance to win one (1) of three startup tickets (full-price 109 Euros) to the in-person event The Venturer’s Guide to Innovation on June 2nd in Vienna, Austria.
(2) The winners will be selected by a jury from TheVentury among the participants based on the submitted entries. The participant is solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of his entry. Subsequent changes or change requests cannot be taken into account. The participant expressly declares that he will not make any false statements about his person or company.
(3) The Competition shall be open for participation from 20 April 2022 11:00 am CET, to 30 April 2022, 11:00 pm CET. The entries will then be screened and winners will be selected by the jury. Entries submitted after the deadline as specified above will not be taken into consideration for the draw.
(4) After the participation period as specified in § 2. (3) has ended and the winning entries have been selected, the winners will be informed via the email address they have provided in the form. In this message, the winners will be asked to use the provided code to buy a ticket for free within three (3) days.
(5) Once the deadline of three (3) days to acquire the free ticket has expired, the respective winner is no longer entitled to redeem the prize unless he provides sufficient proof that the delay is not attributable to his person in good time. In such cases, TheVentury reserves the right to determine a new winner, however, we shall not be obligated to investigate the matter further or take any action.
(6) Conversion of the prizes into cash is not possible. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Shall the winners not be able to participate in person at the event on June 2nd in Vienna, no alternative prize will be provided.
(7) During the time in which the Competition is being held, TheVentury will not provide any information on its progress or the participation of individual participants.
§3 Data protection
(1) The data provided by filling in the form will be treated confidentially by TheVentury, not passed on to third parties and processed exclusively for the purposes stated in these T&C, i.e. the execution of the Competition and, in particular, the distribution of the prizes.
(2) Should TheVentury engage any natural or legal person other than its employees in order to gain support regarding the execution of the Competition, they will be considered data processors of TheVentury if they need to process any of your personal data. Therefore, TheVentury will contractually ensure that they are expressly bound by our instructions and comply with all data protection requirements.
(4) As long as there is no legal obligation to keep them stored for longer periods, TheVentury will ensure to erase all personal data collected and processed for the execution of the Competition as soon as the Competition has ended and the prizes have been distributed.
(1) TheVentury shall only be liable for damages suffered by participants insofar as the respective damage was caused intentionally or with gross negligence by TheVentury, its legal representatives or vicarious agents.
(2) The availability and functionality of the Competition cannot be guaranteed continuously in terms of time and space, however, TheVentury is eager to ensure a trouble-free process at all times. Within that context, TheVentury shall not be liable for damages caused by errors, delays or interruptions in data transmission, malfunctions of the technical equipment, loss or deletion of data and viruses. We particularly assume no liability with regard to a potential impossibility of participation due to technical reasons or cancellation of the Competition in accordance with § 5. (1). The same shall apply to incorrect descriptions.
(3) In no case, any limitation of liability shall apply to damages arising from injury to life, body or health. Any violation of the provisions on the processing of personal data pursuant to the GDPR (cf. § 3.), which are attributable to TheVentury, shall be solely subject to the stipulations of part VIII of the GDPR on remedies, liability and penalties.
(1) TheVentury reserves the right to cancel the Competition or alter it alongside these T&C in the event of a disaster, war, civil or military disturbance, actual or anticipated violation of any applicable law or regulation, or any other event that goes beyond our control, without prior notice. In particular, the Competition may be cancelled prematurely if proper performance cannot be guaranteed for technical or legal reasons. The same shall apply to all cases and reasons preventing TheVentury from proper execution of the Competition or if fair play appears to have been compromised.
(2) Should individual provisions of these T&C be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
(3) These T&C shall be governed by Austrian law under the exclusion of the reference provisions of Austrian private international law. However, the statutory provisions limiting the choice of law with respect to natural persons for whom the purchase of our products cannot be attributed to their professional or commercial activity (consumers) shall remain unaffected. In particular, the customer having a claim under these T&C shall regardless of the choice of law be in accordance with Art. 6 para. 2 of Regulation (EC) No. 593/2008 (Rome I Regulation) entitled to invoke the mandatory protection of the law which would be applicable without such choice.
(4) Redress through the courts of law shall be excluded.
(5) This Competition has no connection to Linkedin, Meta or Vienna Business Agency and is in no way sponsored, supported or organised by them. Linkedin, Meta and Vienna Business Agency thus shall in no way be responsible for any damages arising in relation to the execution of the Competition.
§6 Contact details
The Competition is provided by TheVentury GmbH. If you have any questions within that context, please use the following contact address to get in touch with us: