Get ready for the latest news! Keep yourself informed and empowered with our monthly summary of the latest advancements, product launches, and insights across popular digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Google, YouTube, and more. Curated monthly, just for you!
Tap the links in the beginning to find out more information about each of the topics.
- New admin experience for LinkedIn company pages: Navigation reshuffles and moves to the left sidebar
- Algorithm Updates: LinkedIn is showing you more content from the people and pages you engage with the most, focusing more on hashtag engagement to highlight relevant topics to users and reducing notifications for certain actions. Posts are now seeing more reach over time (second and third day), as opposed to gaining the most traction on the first day.
- Newsletter Enhancements: Improved experience for creators with an auto-follow feature to the profile for subscribers.
- AI at Work: LinkedIn releases a comprehensive report on AI adoption in the US.
- Most Women receive inappropriate advances on LinkedIn: According to a new poll of over 1,000 female LinkedIn users, more than 90% of women have received romantic advances or similarly inappropriate messages in the app.
- New video features coming to Facebook: New discovery options for even more video content on your app. Plus: the “Watch” tab is being renamed to “Video”.
- Too much summer? Meta helps you think about your Christmas campaign already.
- Ads Library Update with branded content campaign: Users can search by influencer or brand to see the campaigns they are connected to.
- Digital Service Act: Meta users in the EU soon can opt out of algorithmic sorting on Facebook and Instagram:
- Group Admins, engage or be replaced! Facebook has been notifying some group admins that they need to be more active in moderating their groups, or Facebook will assign another group member to the job instead.
- What is Threads? And how does it work? And why is it not available in the EU?: Techcrunch answers all your questions.
- After hitting 100 million users days after the launch, the first reports appear that call out Threads’ decline.
- First round of updates making Threads even more Twitter-like.
- Membership and Features: Threads has 128 million members and 10 million daily users; new features and web app released.
- X vs. Threads: An infographic comparing the features of Threads and X.
- Instagram launching paid creator subscriptions in Germany, Italy, UK and more! Eligible creators with over 10,000 followers can ask for monthly paid subscriptions between $0.99 and $99.99 for providing their fans with exclusive content.
- Now up to 3 collaborators can be added to any feed post or Reel.
- How much top celebs are earning with sponsored Instagram posts: Who do you think is the top earner?
- Longer Reels: Once again mirroring TikTok, 3-minute and 10-minute Reels are being tested right now.
- Sharing Comments: Feature to share comments to IG Stories, also mirroring TikTok, is under testing as well.
- Protection against unwanted DMs and images ramped up: DMs to non-followers are text-only and limited to only 1 message.
- Twitter rebranded to X: The birds are gone, the blue is gone, the name is gone. Why X? What do we call tweets from now on? And what happens now? All your questions answered.
- Community Notes: X’ solution for content moderation, is getting new tweaks. Think a Reddit upvote/downvote system to the accuracy of community notes:
- Ad Credits: Spend $1000 on X ads and receive an additional $250 for new campaigns.
- Algorithm Changes: yes to videos, no to mentions of Threads:
- Political Ads: Political advertisements are making a return.
- TikTok enables text-only posts – similar to Instagram Stories text only features.
- Shazam can now identify songs from TikTok and more apps: Reassuring? Not really.
- TikTok is offering parents more tools to manage the content their kids are exposed to: Keyword filtering is a thing now.
- DSA Compliance: EU users can opt-out of algorithmic personalization.
- Trending Songs: A list of TikTok’s trending songs for Summer 2023. Makeba, anyone?
- Ad Placement: TikTok introduces ad placements in search results.
- E-commerce Link Ban: TikTok may prohibit links to external e-commerce platforms.
- Google Bard is now live in the EU: Googles own ChatGPT rival is out now, with text-to-speech responses and more than 40 languages.
- 2 billion users are watching YouTube Shorts: If you are not using them yet, it is high time.
- Transparency Hub: Google unveils a new transparency hub across all its services.
- Shorts Algorithm: YouTube demystifies the Shorts algorithm and where it differs from the long-form algorithm
- Song Identification: YouTube tests a search feature where users hum to identify songs, on the Android version of the app, at least 3 seconds
- Watch History Update: No more suggested videos for users who have watch history turned off.