Time for news! Digital Channel News is a format created by our Digital & Social Media Specialist, Josef Gasteiger. Stay updated and data-empowered with our newest content format – a round-up of all the newest developments, product releases and information on digital channels like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Google, YouTube and more – curated monthly for you!
- Algorithm insights for spam detection: LinkedIn shared valuable insights on how they mark spam or offensive content within its algorithm.
- LinkedIn verification tools rolling out: Like many other networks, LinkedIn is rolling out tools to verify your identity on the platform. In the US, it is partnering with CLEAR and a government-issued ID, globally, you can verify your company e-mail with a verification code. Right now, it works for 4.000 companies on the platform.
- Audience Network Ads will be optimized: The Audience Network enables you to expand your campaigns to third-party websites that have partnered with Linkedin. Those displays will now be automatically optimized and improved.
- Commitments for Company Pages are getting more space: Brands can showcase the values they are committed to in a new section on their LinkedIn Company Page. These are expanded now to job ads as well.
- Great Guide for Account-based Marketing from Linkedin.
- New Custom CTA Button for Premium Profiles: If you are a paying LinkedIn premium member, you can now create a custom CTA Button with a prominent placement in your header.
- Facebook has almost 3 billion users now: In its quarterly report the company gave updates to its user data, hitting almost 3 billion users globally.
- Meta readies text-based social media app Barcelona: It is called “Instagram for your thoughts” – a text-only based platform coming from Meta. Here’s what we know so far.
- Meta shares new tips on latest marketing trends.
- New features for Reels: Instagram announced new features for reels to be rolled out soon. It includes dedicated destination for trending audio and hashtags on Reels, expanding gifts on Reels to more countries, enhancing Reels editing tools, adding new metrics and more.
- Up to 5 links in bio: A long awaited feature is now here. Users can include up to 5 links in the bio of their Instagram profile, making it a direct hit on tools like Linktree.
- Time spent on Reels grew, Reels reshares doubled in 6 months: In the Q1 report the company shared more stats about the growing performance of Reels.
- Guidebook for DMs for brands on Instagram: Ever wondered how to engage with customers via direct message? Instagram’s got you covered.
- Keeping up with Elon: Many major developments happened at the platform in the last 6 months, regarding verification, layoffs, algorithm etc. TechCrunch has a great article that keeps track of everything you need to know.
- Twitter Advertisers are required to pay for verification to run ads. An email went out to all Twitter Advertisers, informing them of the change. In effect, this now means that if brands want to run ads on the platform, they will either have to pay Twitter $8 per month for a blue tick (Twitter Blue), or $1,000 per month for its Verification for Organizations that offers som additional benefits.
- Tweet Ranking Algorithm is published at GitHub: New insights into how tweets are ranked and recommended have been made available through Github. Take a dive:
- Reset your TikTok Algorithmic recommendations: If you no longer like the videos being recommended to you, look no further. TikTok unveiled a feature to refresh your “For You” feed on TikTok.
- TikTok leads the App Download Charts in Q1 2023: TikTok leads the worldwide app downloads in the first quarter of the year amid making headlines for maybe looking at a ban in the US, according to data.ai.
- Google shares experiments for post-cookie tracking: Google shared insights into experiments done with its Privacy Sandbox suite of tools, which are developed to track different aspects of user behaviour, without using specific identifiers.
- Search Ads 360 advertisers should upgrade.
- Update to some attribution models in Google Ads.
- YouTube Music rolls out podcasts: YouTube has been eying the podcast market for quite some time. Now, they rolled out podcasts to be included in YouTube music in the US. More to follow.
- Ad revenue is dropping on YouTube: In the Q1 results, the company announced that YouTube ad revenue is continuing to drop.
- 😎 Microsoft Teams will enable Snapchat Lenses: Microsoft Teams rolls out 25 of the most popular Snapchat lenses to their video calls.
- 📌 Pinterest reaches 463 million users and a slow-down in revenue.
- ⚠️ BeReal gets new elements, but still struggles to maintain interest.
- 👻 Snapchat has flat growth in Western markets, shift from social to entertainment.
- 🎧 Getting creative with Spotify: For a little bit creative inspiration, read more about how Skoda collaborated with Spotify and behavioural analytics to help dogs stay calm in cars.
That wraps our monthly channel roundup! Did we miss anything? Did something surprise you? Tell us! And Happy Venturing!