Get ready for the latest news! Keep yourself informed and empowered with our monthly summary of the latest advancements, product launches, and insights across popular digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Google, YouTube, and more. Curated monthly, just for you!
Tap the links in the beginning to find out more information about each of the topics.
- LinkedIn shares new insights on Algorithm changes: Virality-only posts like memes and selfies will not perform as well, more of your followers will see your content and expert advice will count for more.
- A live test of Generative AI in posts: A test has been rolled out where LinkedIn’s AI assistant suggests a full post and also for ad copy.
- LinkedIn shares some tips to break through the feed.
- Say bye-bye to: Native carousels, profile videos and in-image link stickers.
- Say hello to: Direct messages for company pages are now rolled out!
- Meta also sells the blue verification now: After tests in New Zealand and Australia, the company rolls out its Meta Verified Program to all regions.
- Reels are getting new features, organic and paid.
- New Meta AI-powered Music generator is here! The open-source tool can turn a text description into about 12 seconds of audio.
- Instagram Will Now Allow Users to Download Publicly Posted Reels Content! Starting in the US, users will soon be able to download publicly shared reel videos to their devices.
- Instagram is building its own AI chatbot. In line with a focus on message with the broadcasting channels, the platform is heavily integrating AI into messaging as well.
- Instagram’s text-based Twitter clone is almost here. It looks like a potential launch as early as July 6th. The app named “Threads” mysteriously appearead in the App Store and Google Play Store in several regions ahead of the official release.
[10.07] – Update: Threads already gained over 100 million users in less than a week after launching in more than 100 countries, including the US and UK. Here’s why it’s delayed in Europe.
- Twitter US ad sales are down 59% compared to last year. That’s even worse than the 50% decline reported earlier this year. Due to the volatile nature of the platform development in the last 10 months, many advertisers stepped away.
- Twitter now allows paid users to post 25.000 character long tweets.
- Editing your tweets? As a paid subscriber, you now have 1 hour to do so.
- Some more Twitter rivals are coming: Spill, Post and more.
- Twitter limits the number of tweets per day! If you don’t pay for subscription, you will only see 600 posts per day, with verification 6.000 posts per day.
- TikTok shares “Creative Codes” for brand creators on the platform.
- TikTok Truths addresses concerns about tracking and data breach. Reassuring? Not really.
- TikTok is offering parents more tools to manage the content their kids are exposed to. Keyword filtering is a thing now.
- Boost your googling with search operators – coming from SEMrush to you – 25 search operators that make the most out of your Google search.
- New Google Ad product: “Demand Gen”. Demand Gen campaigns enable brands to maximize the use of their video and image assets, by translating them into different Google ad formats, in order to maximize reach and appeal with specific users.
- Google Ads transparency library: Google now has an ad library to see competitor ads, just like Facebook.